Vice President and Director of Statistical Research
The Vice President and Director of Statistical Research will develop and oversee an entire branch of the Institute’s work. This position presents an exciting opportunity to form and lead a team of statistical associates who respond to the array of policy questions in debates over life issues. The position involves writing and editing, testimony before public bodies, planning and executing studies, and responding to questions raised in bioethics, reproductive rights, public budgeting, and demography.
- Design and carry out research studies to analyze various subjects relevant to the sanctity of human life.
- Review and critique professional journal articles, popular writing, polling and other literature.
- Provide guidance on design of CLI data collection and data archives.
- Identify and recruit pro-life experts in statistical analysis as CLI associate scholars, commission work related to key issues involving the sanctity of human life.
- Interpret statistical results for media and policy makers, especially with regards to data needs for federal and state programs.
- Communicate results clearly in oral, written, and graphical modes for a range of audiences.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ph.D. in statistics, economics, sociology or related fields;
- 5+ years of experience in a full-time corporate or academic setting working with public-policy or public-health-relevant data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated record in conceiving, guiding, reviewing and publishing studies and commentaries, especially in health policy, demographics and government programs;
- Ability to travel and to communicate with public and professional audiences on occasion;
- Ability to manage a team of scholars working on various projects with different deadlines;
- Writing, editing, and other communication skills commensurate with experience level.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and statement of pro-life position to firstname.lastname@example.org