Fact Sheet: Pro-Life Pregnancy Centers Deliver Real-World Results
To view this fact sheet as a PDF, see: Fact Sheet: Pro-Life Pregnancy Centers Deliver Real World Results
- There are more than 2,700 pro-life pregnancy centers in all 50 states.
- Planned Parenthood has approximately 585 facilities in only 48 states.
- In 2019, pro-life pregnancy centers:
- Served roughly two million women, men, and youth,
- Provided services and support valued at nearly $270 million at little to no cost to clients, and
- Tangible support included medical care and referrals, education, mentoring, and material support including diapers, car seats, and clothing.
- Community-based support is offered through nearly 15,000 staff and almost 54,000 volunteers.
- This includes 10,200 licensed medical professionals (staff and volunteers).
- From 2016 through 2020, pro-life pregnancy centers partnered with pregnant women at-risk for abortion to save over 800,000 lives.
- Approximately 75% of women at-risk for abortion who view an ultrasound of their baby at a pregnancy center ultimately make the choice to continue their pregnancy.
- Abortions were 6% of all pregnancy resolution services offered by Planned Parenthood, according to its 2020-2021 report. Prenatal care, miscarriage care, and adoption referrals together accounted for under 4% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy care services.