This map and state chart depict the number of federally-funded health clinics that serve low-income, medically under-served populations in the United States in comparison to the number of Planned Parenthood centers. If Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider, were to be defunded from receiving over $500 million in taxpayer funds per year, there already exist over 13,000 non-abortion providing Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) service sites and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) that could receive this sum instead and continue to provide comprehensive primary and preventive healthcare.
Update: 9/30/2015: To view the locations and contact information for community health centers near you, please visit wwww.GetYourCare.org, a new interactive resource website launched by pro-life and pro-women organizations including the Charlotte Lozier Institute.
Maps for each state:
For more information on just the 9,000+ Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), please see the following Charlotte Lozier Institute blog: http://lozierinstitute.org/planned-parenthood-and-federally-qualified-health-centers/ (July 2015)
As featured in the following articles:
- The Daily Signal: If Planned Parenthood Loses Government Funding, Here’s a Map of Health Clinics That Could Take Its Place (8/17)
- National Review: A New Map Debunks Claims that Defunding Planned Parenthood Would Produce a Women’s-Health Crisis (8/17)
- The Blaze: Is Women’s Health Doomed if Congress Defunds Planned Parenthood? New Map Claims to Have the Answer (8/17)
- LifeSiteNews: Graphic shows how astoundingly little Americans really ‘need’ Planned Parenthood (8/19)
- LifeNews: If Planned Parenthood Loses Taxpayer Funding, This Map Shows Health Clinics That Will Take Its Place (8/18)